I’ve resurrected Lateshoes once again. We’ll see if I’m able to keep up posting here with any sort of regularity.
Let’s “ketchup” list style:
- I’m still crocheting a lot. Me, Shannon and Angie are Granny Square O’rama-ing. Three Random Granny Squares per week. No repeated patterns. Some weeks the patterns are simple and fun – other weeks (like this one, “Week 10”) are more complex, challenging – fuck it – infuriating. But, still totally worth it. You can keep up with all the fun (you know you want to) via Instagram, #grannysquareorama.
- I’ve been trying to draw regularly and I’ve kept it up pretty well so far. I got rid of my iPad a while ago, so I’ve gone completely old school with paper, pencils, markers, and pens. I’m still mediocre at best, but, I think I’m improving, so la-di-da. You can follow my drawings of stuff (again) via Instagram, #drawingstuff2016. Some tuna-fishes started using my hashtag, so not everything there is mine, but I’m not bitter.
- I’ve been watching Star Trek: Voyager… and I love it. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to watch it, but I’m glad I did because it’s so delightful to be able to add new planets, species, and characters to my Star Trek lexicon. Some thoughts:
- The Kazon (big bads of the first 2 seasons) look like Oompa Loompas made from turds.
- Captain Janeway is everything. I’m learning a lot about leadership from her. No, really.
- It took a little while for the cast to grow on me, but…. now I’m obsessed. There are still a few characters (*cough* Kes *cough*), but man, I love the rest.
- Chubby Bunny is back together. I might make an entire post about this, so for now – you can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Bandcamp.