Hi friends. I’ve been depressed. How about you?
2013 has brought with it some interesting challenges. Nothing I could pinpoint or at least identify by name here, but take my word for it – it’s blown.
Some of this misery is self-induced, I suppose. I know that if I would just start one of the projects clogging up my mind-grape space that I would feel better. I always do when I start chipping away at my self-imposed lists, but I just haven’t been able to manage it.
Despite my inability to pick myself out of the sludge, wonderful things have happened too. So, let’s celebrate that stuff list style:
1. Lars graduated Magna Cum Laude in both History and Asian Studies because he’s a smarty pants. I’m terribly proud of him. We should probably not watch, With Honors to celebrate.
2. My mama visited for 10 whole days and it was awesome. Our visits always seem to go so quickly so it was, so it was wonderful to be able to relax and enjoy each other’s company. I got her to start watching Hannibal and also got her completely hooked onÂ Isabella Rosselini’s Green Porno series. Neither of us will ever look at ducks or bees or snails the same way again.
She also helped me tremendously with cleaning for, arranging and hosting Lars’ family & friends Graduation celebration. Love you, mommy.
3. Lars’ family also came to visit and celebrate the graduate. Mom, Dad and James came up from St. George, Aunt Sherry and cousin Scott from California and Cam and Charisse from the other side of town. For some reason – we are TERRIBLE at taking pictures when we’re all together, but I KNOW that Aunt Sherry and Mom Medley got a few, so I’ll post some if they send some along.
Take my word for it, it was a full house, but it was super fun.
4. Cameron and Charisse got engaged!!!! I’m not sure how much I’ve talked about Charisse here, but she’s amazing and I could not have asked for a better sister-in-law. I’m really excited to have more ladeeez in the Medley clan in general, but it really helps that she’s also a kindred spirit.
5. Tawnya’s baby, Professor Eliott, is SUPER cute and doing really well. He has the softest skin in the universe and I’m pretty sure he wants me to steal him, so we can watch Supernatural together and take naps.