It’s kind of hard to believe I’ve been doing this since 2004. Lateshoes started out as a knitting blog, something that lasted all of 2 months and used to be called, The Ka-nitting Factory. This is one of my very first non-knitting related posts.
I wanna say, stank you smelly much
If I have learned anything from Sex & the City…and I haven’t, it’s that I love the thought of Sarah Jessica Parker narrating my blog entries. I love imagining myself, typing this at my thousand dollar, maple desk, wearing nine-hundred dollar, Manolo Blahnik spiky heeled shoes, some fabulously vintage dress over calvin klein jeans, my ever fabulous hair brushing my shoulders. In this fantasy, I’m sipping wine and listening to smooth jazz and marveling at the glowy-ness of my shiny, flawless skin.
*Reality* I’m sitting on the couch (which reeks of cat pee *thanks Klaus*), bra-less (again), pant-less (again), barefoot, wrapped in a pilling flannel blanket, sporting the floppy chignon because I haven’t washed my hair in three days, listening to the sounds of Lars flipping channels. (Right now Little Feet on VH1 classic *shiver*) The insane part is, I really wouldn’t have it any other way.
Which brings me to the heart of this entry. I read Miriam’s blog yesterday and it inspired me to make my very own “Things I’m thankful for” list.
* I’m thankful for Lars. It will make me feel like an asshole to go into too much detail here, but I will say that there is nothing more amazing than sharing my life with someone as brilliant, kind, considerate, loving, hilarious as he is. He is the best person I’ve ever known and I looooooooooove him.
* I’m thankful that I get to share my life and space with some of the most awesome cats in the universe. I’m a crazy cat lady and I’m proud.
* I’m thankful for my wonderful friends. You know who you are, bitches.
* I’m thankful for those who make me laugh my ass off.
* I’m thankful for the right to vote, even though sometimes it seems like a total crock of shit. (ok, RIGHT NOW, it seems like a total crock of shit).
* I’m thankful for kick ass music.
* I’m thankful for kick ass movies.
* I’m thankful for kick ass books.
* I’m thankful for kick ass magazines, blogs, zines and comix.
* I’m thankful for kick ass television shows. (sorry t.v. haters, but I’m a junkie thru and thru)
* I’m thankful for the feminist/ homoselualist axis. (Sorry, this is sort of a random “F-word” to Dave Sim, the creator of the Comic, Cerebus and his anti-woman, homophobic rant of bullshit called “Tangents.”
* I’m thankful for my family. I miss them.
* I’m thankful for my schnuggy, even though I don’t have him yet.
* I’m thankful for my computer and the internet therein.
* I’m thankful for the drums.
* I’m thankful for the bass guitar.
* I’m thankful for inspirational older women.
* I’m thankful for my boring job, because I met some of my best friends there and I also get to make a lousy, lame, sad amount of money.
* I’m thankful for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel dvds.
* I’m thankful for knitting. (no shit).
* I’m thankful for making it to 30.
* I’m thankful that I’m finally, at long last, just a little ok with myself.
* I’m thankful for Morrissey’s voice. ( I shit you not, I could listen to his latest record over and over again for days on end. I NEVER TIRE OF THIS MAN’s pipes).
* I’m thankful for harmony (both musical and like the kind where people get along and stuff).
* I’m thankful for my smart ass and the smart asses of my friends and family.
* I’m thankful for my awesome shoes that do me right in any weather situation…and look snazzy doing so.
* I’m thankful for foooood. Oh how my fat ass loves the food.
* I’m thankful for pictures.
* I’m thankful for memory…and color and sound and light and love and peace and joy.
ok, so I ended on a cheese note, but I really do mean it.
The End. (or is it? …is it? …..is it?…..)